Clumsy, clumsy

It has been quite the last few days in this household. This past Thursday was not a bright spot in either Brian’s or my week. We received a phone call from a number with a 208 area code (Idaho) at 3am, and of course we both wake up expecting our families to be calling because of some sort of emergency. We never even received a voicemail or anything, and we looked up the number the next day in reverse White Pages only to discover that we have no idea who this person was…we sort of figured we wouldn’t know who it was because we don’t know anyone from Idaho. I wasn’t able to get back to sleep at all because I was so amped up thinking that something was wrong, so I was already cranky when it was time to get up for work. Then, we realized that my beloved Corolla, CoCo, had a flat tire. This is only one thing among a list of others that have been going wrong with the car lately, so we were already not too happy. Brian was posting out to the field that morning and of course we discovered the flat tire pretty last minute, so it was a bit of a hurry/hassle to figure out what we were going to do so that both of us could get to work. I ended up having a horrible day at work which was compounded, no doubt, by the lack of sleep from the night before.

Luckily, I had Friday off, so I was able to relax and rest a little bit during my long weekend. Even though it was a pretty calm weekend, we got a lot accomplished. We bought Audrey’s travel system (finally) and ordered her nursery rug! It feels really great to be able to check some things off our to-do/to-buy list, especially the things that are most expensive. We still have some things we need to get her, but the pricier items are now taken care of. Phew!

I’m now in the “clumsy” and really absentminded stage of pregnancy. I burned myself on the oven twice in 2 days, cut my finger while chopping vegetables, twisted my ankle a little bit (nothing serious) when I couldn’t feel that my foot was asleep and I tried to walk on it, set the salt shaker on the table upside down so that all the salt fell out of it, etc…it’s been interesting, and I hear it only gets worse. Brian keeps saying that soon enough, he won’t be able to leave me home alone.

On a happy note, we were able to meet our friends’ (Sarah & Josh) baby, Sophia yesterday. She is absolutely adorable and seeing her makes us even more anxious for Audrey’s arrival! Audrey is getting really big and has been so active the last few days. We played her some music last night (which she loves) and she responded by kicking, rolling, etc. She definitely has her “favorite” songs that she reacts to every time she hears them. She also kicked Brian in the nose TWICE last night.

We’re at the point in pregnancy (29 weeks down!) where our doctor appointments are now every two weeks, so we’ll be meeting with our brand new OB for the first time on Wednesday! Fingers crossed that we like her since our time is dwindling down…Audrey only has 8 more weeks of cooking left until she is considered “full-term.”


Leave a comment

Filed under Random

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s